- Free membership
- Kids rewards program
- Teen finance blog
- $5 deposit covered by TruWest
Check out our youth savings programs:
Wild About Savings. When you visit a branch to open a Youth Savings Account for a child under 13 years old, they will automatically be enrolled in the Wild About Savings rewards program.
- At account opening, your child receives a wallet with their own stamp card.
- Your child earns one stamp for each deposit they make into their savings account1.
- Each stamp earns a sticker or temporary tattoo.
- Six stamps earns a tote bag filled with fun activities.
- Twelve stamps earns a giraffe plush bank2.
MyMoney. Teens ages 13-17 who open a Choice Checking Account will receive a $50 deposit to kick-start their savings3. In addition, they’ll be subscribed to the MyMoney blog, offering smart tips on how to budget wisely, use their TruWest perks and save more money.
Frequently Asked Questions
Apply for a Youth Savings Account
Before completing an account application, you’ll need to have the following information handy:
- Personal information (name, address, ID number)
- Employment and salary information
- Social security number
ApplyStart the process by applying for an account.
New Member– Complete New Member FormIf you are not a member, go to New Members, fill out the Disclosure form, and then choose Next.
Existing Member – Complete Account ApplicationIf you are already a TruWest member, go to Existing Members, and follow the on-screen instructions to continue to the account application. You can also apply through the mobile app by selecting Apply for an Account/Loan in the mobile app menu.
Choose AccountsComplete the account application, including selecting your desired accounts.
1 Limit one stamp per day.
2 Limit one giraffe plush bank per member.
3 Offer valid 9/12/2016 to 6/30/2017 and subject to change without notice. Parent or guardian must be an account joint owner. Account must remain open for six months or $50 deposit is forfeited.